‘My son’s birthday party is off’ – the sacrifices UK parents are making to save Christmas - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Sunday, December 12, 2021

‘My son’s birthday party is off’ – the sacrifices UK parents are making to save Christmas

Families tell of their ‘heartbreak’ as parties and other social plans are cancelled in the wake of Omicron

’Tis the season to be jolly, and last week Marieke Navin and her boyfriend were planning to attend three Christmas parties between them. But now, following the rise of the Omicron variant, they are not going to any.

“I was looking forward to those parties,” said Navin. “But my priority is protecting Christmas. I don’t want my children to be isolating in their room on Christmas Day, or be unable to visit their dad or my parents. I don’t want my partner’s kids to be unable to come to us on Boxing Day. I don’t want to jeopardise the movement of the children, and I don’t want anyone being poorly over Christmas.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3oM7CJ5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here