Tour de France: stage nine – live! - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Tour de France: stage nine – live!

Mathieu van der Poel, who enjoyed six days in the yellow jersey on his first Tour, will not start today’s stage. Instead he’ll have a short breather before heading to the Olympics. Here’s some of what he said:

It’s in my best interest to quit the race. I’m going to take some time to recover from this week. I have some other goals. Due to corona it wasn’t possible for me to do the whole tour and then my at my top game in Tokyo. I think we’ve had an amazing week, and I’ll be back next year to go to Paris.”

@mathieuvdpoel will not be at the départ of the 9th stage!

@mathieuvdpoel ne prendra pas le départ de la 9ème étape !#TDF2021 pic.twitter.com/liTTiDWKSC

The stage is due to get under way in about half an hour, at 1.10pm local time, aka 12.10pm BST. The town of Cluses, where it begins, is known for its watchmaking, and home to the musée de l’horlogerie et du décolletage. Don’t get excited, décolletage may be defined in English as “the low-cut neckline of a woman’s garment” or “a woman’s cleavage as revealed by a low neckline on a dress or top”, but Cluses’ museum is of clockmaking and screwcutting. It is, apparently, very good.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3qJitTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here