Meet the crossword setter Anto – ‘I just had to get my street name back’ - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Monday, July 5, 2021

Meet the crossword setter Anto – ‘I just had to get my street name back’

The latest in our series where we turn the tables on the torturers. Under the spotlight this time is Tony Davis, AKA Anto

Anto has been setting quiptics (including today’s) and cryptics for the Guardian since 2015, so we are well overdue a meet …

Hello! Why ‘Anto’?
My pseudonym harks back to a disappointed childhood. I was christened Anthony and my mother never wanted to shorten it. Living in working-class Dublin I was soon being called Anto; I was delighted to have a “cool” street name but my mother was horrified and at a family conference reluctantly agreed to allow Tony, to kill off Anto. So I just had to get my street name back.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3hjxvwi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here