Covid live: Russian cases hit new record of 180,000; pandemic memorial woodlands to be planted in Wales - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Covid live: Russian cases hit new record of 180,000; pandemic memorial woodlands to be planted in Wales

Rise in infections in Russia attributed to Omicron wave; Welsh government says woodlands ‘will be living memorial to those who have died’

Statistician and Observer columnist Sir David Spiegelhalter has admitted he was “overly optimistic” at the start of the coronavirus pandemic. The 68-year-old Cambridge University scientist has confessed he “didn’t take it seriously enough”.

Appearing on BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs on Sunday, Spiegelhalter says:

I think it’s very important that we have to acknowledge that we can never take an objective view about evidence. We always bring our, I think, personalities into it, and mine is unfortunately very optimistic and that’s why I’m very glad I’m not a government adviser. I don’t think I’d be very good at it because I do tend to hope for the best and sort of expect the best as well.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/bIWJmgw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here