Give me the cheeky, rackety Essex I love over a snobby rebrand any day | Gaby Hinsliff - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Friday, January 28, 2022

Give me the cheeky, rackety Essex I love over a snobby rebrand any day | Gaby Hinsliff

Why promote my home county as the site of the peasants’ revolt rather than birthplace of the vajazzle? Money, of course

What’s the first thing an Essex girl does in the morning? Gets up and rebrands her home county as very different from the sexist and snobbish stereotypes of it that sadly prevail in the rest of Britain.

Admittedly, this is even less funny than the original punchline – which, if you grew up near Chelmsford, like me, you’ve probably heard before, and which triggered a BBC internal investigation a few years ago when someone told it live on Radio 1.

Gaby Hinsliff is a Guardian columnist

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3rUT6yZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here