If you want to know about life in an unvaccinated country, look to Uganda | Jackee Budesta Batanda - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

If you want to know about life in an unvaccinated country, look to Uganda | Jackee Budesta Batanda

Africa is paying the price of western hoarding, and my country will endure Covid lockdowns until we get more doses

• Jackee Budesta Batanda is a Ugandan writer and entrepreneur

My gardener, Emmanuel, returned a few days ago after a five-month hiatus. One of the conditions for his return was that he needed to be vaccinated. He comes from Karamoja in the north-eastern part of Uganda, where the vaccine uptake was low, so he was able to get vaccinated.

I first thought that he was fibbing, as many Ugandans are prone to do when they get fake documents in order to get a pass. I checked his card and confirmed he had a genuine vaccination card. He told me that his whole family had been vaccinated.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3zWXYX4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here