The depressing truth about female creativity and the pram in the hallway | Fiona Sturges - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Thursday, March 21, 2019

The depressing truth about female creativity and the pram in the hallway | Fiona Sturges

Sweeping the subject of working mothers under the carpet only implies there isn’t a problem

There are times in every parent’s life when, however much they try to avoid it, the professional and the domestic messily collide. It happened to me a few years ago when, during a teachers’ training day, I took my seven-year-old with me to interview Joan Collins over lunch. Collins was delighted at her presence and ordered her a giant bowl of ice-cream. However, halfway through the conversation, she suddenly looked startled, fumbled under the table for a bit, and then pulled out a sticky, pink-spattered Chanel shoe. “I do believe dear Lily has dropped ice-cream in my shoe,” she announced, looking a little pained.

Related: It is a scandal that working mothers are 40% more stressed than other people | Chitra Ramaswamy

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2HJoKu0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here