On the eve of my 52nd birthday, I’m targeted by a site for attractive, 52-year-old singles. Coincidence? - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Thursday, March 21, 2019

On the eve of my 52nd birthday, I’m targeted by a site for attractive, 52-year-old singles. Coincidence?

As my daughter kindly told me, I am only one of these things. But I was perturbed by how accurately I’d been microtargeted

I read that Jeremy Wright, the culture secretary, is looking at “microtargeting” by online advertisers. I have a long list of stuff to worry about in my life, and the world in general. Microtargeting hadn’t made the cut. But it’s on there now, because something most odd has happened to me on the iPhone Maps app.

I was staying at my friend’s flat in a big block in the middle of Birmingham last week. Lying in bed, squinting at the Maps app, looking for something, I chanced upon the name of a company located either in or next to the building I had woken up in: Dating Agency for Attractive People Age 52 Plus. What’s that all about? Why 52? Is 52 a thing, a significant milestone?

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2JoFwAY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here