How a love child found her sister – and forged a secret friendship - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

How a love child found her sister – and forged a secret friendship

Laura was born to a mother who had had an affair with her married boss. Years later, a bond with her half-sister Laurie changed her life

I’m having an affair with my sister. One of our recent rendezvous was in Charleston, South Carolina, where I happened to be traveling for a writing gig. Laurie slipped away from her home in a nearby state and we picked up right where we’d left off. That particular evening, we were headed to my work-related happy hour, where we sipped cocktails and introduced each other to random strangers: “Hi, my name is Laura and this is my sister, Laurie.” This has become one of our favorite party tricks because people almost always respond to these introductions with some version of “Seriously? Sisters named Laura and Laurie?” Now they’re curious, which gives us what we were really after all along: an opportunity to tell our story.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2UM9eku

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here