Pavements are for everybody. Except pedestrians | Stuart Jeffries - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Pavements are for everybody. Except pedestrians | Stuart Jeffries

Walkers already had to negotiate cyclists, mobility scooters and parked cars. Now we have to hurdle discarded hire bikes too

The other day I was walking to the station when I heard someone shouting. I first assumed they weren’t shouting at me, but I was wrong. “Hey! Hello? Excuse me!” The smiling cyclist wanted to get past me on the pavement. I stepped aside, begging her pardon, though I realised in retrospect I should have told her that the road was where she should have been riding her bike.

Related: Is shared cycling in London on a road to nowhere?

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://ift.tt/2oy9Tas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here