The True Blood actor takes glee in pricking the pomposity of his profession and wonders if he should be an architect instead
When Alexander Skarsgård was 20 years old, half his lifetime ago, he decided to give acting a shot. At the time, he had left his native Sweden for Leeds – “of all places” – and was studying English at what’s now called Leeds Beckett University. It was a toss-up between training to be an actor or an architect. “I was like most people that age, trying to figure out what to do,” he recalls. “And it was kind of: ‘Fuck it, Dad’s an actor, he’s super-happy doing it, maybe I should give it a go.’ I felt like, if I don’t try it now, there is a risk that I’ll look back 30, 40 years from now and think: ‘Why didn’t I? What an idiot!’
“Yeah,” Skarsgård goes on, smiling, “I’d like to be able to say it was a calling, that creatively I was just driven to do it, but um… I wasn’t.”
Continue reading...from The Guardian http://ift.tt/2Ca3TcT

No comments:
Post a Comment