No sleep, little care, no medication: my 80-hour A&E ordeal | Fay Schopen - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Friday, April 15, 2022

No sleep, little care, no medication: my 80-hour A&E ordeal | Fay Schopen

Over four days and three nights, I saw the catastrophic predicament that the NHS finds itself in

When covert video footage emerged of Boris Johnson leaving St Thomas’ hospital in south London after being treated for Covid there two years ago, I wondered if, being a VIP, he had received a different standard of care from the average patient.

I can safely say that had Johnson – or better yet, Sajid Javid – experienced anything like I did during an almost unimaginable, yet very real, 80-hour stay in A&E last week, the NHS just might be in line for some positive changes in the future, rather than its inevitable deeper plunge into crisis.

Fay Schopen is a journalist based in Kent

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/shTqBu7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here