‘I’m very happy with where I am’: the one and only Chesney Hawkes - I Newz360

Breaking

News Ticker

test banner

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

‘I’m very happy with where I am’: the one and only Chesney Hawkes

He spent five weeks at No 1 in 1991, then dropped out of sight, but his hit song never left us. The singer talks about feeling washed up at 23, gigging at Butlin’s – and why he feels so lucky

Chesney Hawkes, the one and only, is sitting on my sofa with a mug of lemon and ginger tea and recalling some encounters with fans. “I was told that, this one guy, The One and Only was his favourite song, and whenever it would come on in the pub, his friends would pick him up and he’d be like …” He makes disco fingers at the ceiling. “Then he sadly passed away, but they played it at the funeral, and when it came on, that’s when they raised the coffin.”

We are silent for a moment, picturing the scene.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/AM1z0IX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here